Friday, September 24, 2010

Physique 57: Not What I Expected

CC by D'ashley-Heather
My sister signed us up for a Physique 57 class that took place yesterday. I read up a little on the exercise and it sounded so feminine and...pretty. I read that it was this great exercise trend that swept New York and Los Angeles and it basically consisted of using a ballet barre, free weights and your own body weight for toning exercises, followed by some stretching to elongate and lean your muscles. And lucky me, Physique 57 will be in Miami for one day! Nice.

Ehh! Don't be fooled! As I've mentioned in previous posts, I AM aware that exercise is not fun...it's hard. That's how its supposed to be. I get it. But this crap was ridiculous! The instructor was very sweet, but girlfriend does not mess around! I'm used to exercise instructors telling you to modify their instructions to whatever fits you best. "You know your body." Not this bitch. She really was very nice...but urged you not to stop and not to modify. I constantly felt like my ass was on the verge of cramping. Actually, even today - the day after - my ass still feels on the verge of cramping. My muscles were shaking during the work out and I felt like my legs were gonna give out when I'd climb the stairs to my apartment for the remainder of the day yesterday. Sore is good. But in this case, that work out was just not worth it. I would NOT do that horrid Physique 57 work out ever again!

Anyone else ever tried Physique 57? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment