Saturday, September 4, 2010

No More Bubbles in My Nail Polish


I get my nails "did" once a week. Most times they come out fabulously; but every blue moon (like today) they dry looking like I secured some notes in Braille on my fingertips. Well, in order to prevent this tragedy from reoccurring, I need to know what causes them to get that way. So I found out. There are several different factors that may cause nail polish bubbles.
  • Your nail polish may be too thick. Some acetone can thin it out.
  • Don't shake the bottle, as it may cause bubbles to form. Instead, roll the bottle between your palms.
  • Stay away from gusts of wind while you paint and as it dries (A/C, fans, etc.).
  • An additional coat may have been applied before the previous coat dried at all.
  • Moisture may have been left on your nail before you started painting (moisturizer, oil, etc.). Make sure you dry out your nail sufficiently with acetone before applying nail polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment