Tuesday, February 22, 2011

OH&My God! Online Shopping!


I live in Miami, so I didn’t have the privilege of ever knowing that H&M existed until I was studying abroad in Berlin in 2006. When I walked into the magical store that first time I thought, “What is this cheap goodness?!” My first visit to H&M was followed up by a routine stop in an H&M in each European city I visited during my 1.5-month travel following my time in Berlin.

Since I got back to the states, I’ve only been able to revisit H&M twice: once in Chicago and once in New York. First off, how does a popular store like H&M skip a poppin’ city like Miami? But even if…HOW are you not going to offer online shopping as an option?! Like…what??? Do you know how much business you would get from the many people around the nation who don’t have a local H&M store? And don’t we deserve this basic human right? We’re people, too, you know? I’ve posted comments on their Facebook page asking them why they don’t offer online shopping. Well I guess I really scared the bajeezus out of them! They’ve answered my demands! Late last month, H&M tweeted “H&M has decided to have online shopping in the U.S. at the turn of the year 2011/2012.” Well Hallelujah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment